That’s right… reality TV, as a genre, has been and always will be incredibly cheesy and transparent!
*Cymbal swell* *Low minor piano chord* *reaction shot*
But it IS compelling. Between “So you think you can dance’s” constant return to people’s back-story (though i guess you could call that a game show) and about a million food-network reality TV competitions to find the… next… food… star…? I dunno. Reality TV occupies probably 75% of what me and Diana watch. the other 25% is star trek, and i’m the only one watching it.
For me, the audio editing gets really annoying… and the fact that all the talking heads are shot after the fact, so it’s kind of like one big edited-together rehash? Then you have those blasted kardashians and the gong-show music that accompanies their gong-show lives… for real, the music in the background could be for a kids show. Even cool reality TV like the one about crab fishing? deadliest catch? they all use the same cymbal swells, the same “intense moment = intense piano roll” blecht. I guess I just wish they’d spend more time making good music for the background of those shows… not that I could do any better.
Have a great week!