I want to be the very best that no one ever was! To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause!
Sorry, I’ve been playing Pokemon yellow and it’s making me incredibly nostalgic. In my old age (of 27), I definitely approach the game differently… Bullet list!
1) I turn off the battle animations… ain’t no one got time for that.
2) I spend my in-game money on stuff I need, instead of saving it (weird, I know.)
3) I used to only use the “cute” pokemon… and I’ve realized the error of my ways! The ugly pokemon are STROONNNNGGG
4) I don’t even mind that you can’t run in the game, you have to walk everywhere, and i’m not sure why it doesn’t bother me.
5) I CRANK the music. I love it so much more then the modern midi versions.
Anyways, that’s enough about Pokemon. Being the best! Unless you are a world record holder, there’s a pretty good chance you’re not the best in the world at something. There’s a good chance i’m not the best at anything. For some reason, it’s an incredibly freeing realization… Not saying that a person should eek their way through life, being happy with mediocrity, I’m just saying that there’s something comforting about knowing that somewhere in the world, someone is better at everything that I aim to be good at. It must suck to be the best at something, it would be lonely… How would you be inspired? You’d have to have a pretty great support network spurring you on.