The last time I watched the trilogy, I was in college. Adding the hobbit trilogy (edited) in the morning was new, and it was a good addition- I never finished the hobbit trilogy before (I found its pacing too slow, and the expanded stuff too boring). Let me tell you, it’s good to watch that every decade or so. Epics like that have a way of helping you frame your own life in a way that’s larger than life. I may not adventure against earth-ending baddies, but I have friends and that’s pretty epic when you think about it.
I’m blessed to have many intelligent friends who are happy to talk life out with me. Without them, I’d fall prey to narcissism in a heartbeat. They keep me humble. But is humility really humility if the only reason it exists is because I’m constantly being humbled?
One of the reasons I’ve had the time to start making comic strips again is because I’m currently on sabbatical! It wraps up in a couple weeks. I’ve enjoyed it thoroughly. Highlights have included family time, studies, and pursuing interests I wouldn’t otherwise have time to pursue.
Really, the only difficult thing about the sabbatical has been this: when you work at a church, sabbatical means you are away from many of the people who regularly speak into your life. I’m looking forward to getting back at it!
I should say, it’s actually a “PNG”… i just think jpegs are funnier. i don’t know why.
Thank you Kimberly Ringer for the nomination! kimberlymringer.me is her blog, you should check it out.
NOW: with regards to the requirements of this award:
Item Number 1:
The rules of this award:
You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
You must list the rules and display the award.
You must add 7 facts about yourself.
You must nominate other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
You must display the rules of this award in your post.
Item Number 2: Seven Facts about myself.
1. When I’m not making comics or hanging out with my family, I work at a church! I’m a youth pastor. I love it. It keeps life interesting to say the least!
2. “Cowboy Bebop” is my favourite anime of all time. Second is “Macross frontier”, third is “Final fantasy unlimited” (believe it or not).
3. FF VII is my favourite video game for gameplay, FF IX is my favourite video game for story.
4. I own two pairs of pants.
5. My favourite food of ALL TIME is Kraft Dinner and Tuna! (Mac and Cheese with Tuna for people that aren’t Canadian)
6. I’d love to get a tattoo, but i have no idea what i’d want ink’d on my body for the rest of my life, so I haven’t gotten one yet, and probably won’t any time soon.
7. My dog is named “coffee”, she’s a yorkie-pom, and i call her our “rat-dog” because when you put her in the bath tub, she comes out looking like a rat.
Item Number 3: NOMINATIONS!
Item Number 4:
Display the award and follow the blogger who nominated me!
Thanks again for the nomination! Have a great week everyone!