Ah, the technology comics. Pebble: you weren’t a bad muse.
So, a week later, and I still really love my Pebble. it’s been so long since i’ve worn a watch that I actually forget to look at it for the time. I’ve asked Diana “What time is it?” and she’s replied, “I don’t know, you’re the one with a watch.”
My favorite part about it is the notifications, and the ability to send canned responses. Many of the texts that I get don’t need to result in text conversations, and this really helps with that. Not to mention, my Note 3 is getting 4 days of battery on a single charge. I just don’t use it as much.
I do feel like a nerd, but that’s OK. My favourite watch theme is one based on LCARS from star trek, BUT it is the only watchface i can find that has the time, the weather and conditions, the battery life, day of the week, month and day of the month, as well as y/m/d all attractively arranged! So, while it may appear that I have a star trek watchface because I’m just that much of a nerd, actually i’m just a practical nerd.
Have a great weekend everyone! For those of you who are graduating: congrats! See you here next week.
My TOP 15 list of incredibly practical pro-tips that will destroy any apple-chic sensibilities!
1) Carabiner key-chain, attached to your belt-loop
2) A phone case that attaches to your belt loop (actually, anything to do with belts and belt-loop accessories are a good idea)
3) ACTUALLY FILLING your cargo shorts’ pockets with cargo
4) Wearing a hat and taking the stickers off of it
5) Socks and sandals. Because, comfort.
6) IF you have a smart TV, you don’t need an apple TV
7) iTunes isn’t the only online music obtaining option
8) If you don’t wanna carry a wallet, put your dolla billz in your SOCK
9) Rubber boots are TOTALLY fine to wear on a date if it’s raining (if you don’t have rubber boots, just get a bag and an elastic band, and put the bag over your shoes and elastic-band em to seal it to your ankle.)
10) Wearing a hat and curving the brim gives better sun-protection
11) Cardigans are dumb, wear a sweatshirt for optimum warmth
12) Wear those sunglasses that go over your existing sunglasses that cataracts patients have to wear
13) TOMS shoes fall apart at an ALARMING rate. Just sayin’.
14) Fanny packs are actually super practical, tourists have no problem with them
15) U2 isn’t the first band to give their music away for free, you can actually find a LOT of awesome music for free (legally) with a simple google search.
Well, the iphone 6 is chocked full of new features my android phone apparently already has (although i didn’t know it). IF there is one thing apple is good at doing, it’s taking existing ideas and making them seem earth-shattering and exclusive.
EDIT- oh, i’m still gonna get that free U2 album. Free music!~ yay! (although, I use ad-supported Rdio, so… more free music!)
This comic was drawn on my Samsung galaxy s3! It was an interesting process. Between a couple different apps (auto desk sketchbook and infinite design), a pencil and paper and the camera, I was able to slowly (really slowly) piece this together. Unfortunately, I have yet to find an android program that will let me draw at resolutions of 300dpi, so it still isn’t really an option to develop too much on this platform. …but it is fun!